Sunday, May 11, 2008

walk on...

As i slept last night peacefully listening to the radio i came across this song by U2,Walk on.I suddenly remembered the cd that had been lying in the last drawer of my study table.It lay there all dusty and unused.I had almost forgotten how much i loved listening to U2's songs.It used to be my favorite band but ever since i started listening to coldplay,lp,avril and others i completely forgot about U2's music.I like u2 for the message they convey in every song.Every other band's song does that but sometimes the lyrics are so repetitive and some times so senseless.But with u2, every song has a different story to tell.And the charity work thats done by the band is really worth praising.In particular,out of all the u2 songs, i like walk on,with or without you,sometimes you cant make it on your own(a song bono sung on his dads funeral),stuck in a moment.

so,I picked up this cd tat lay untouched for months and played it.and man it felt so good listening to the songs again.I keep playing the same song again again when i get it from some where and play it so many times that i vow not to listen to it in moths to come coz i get bored of it.But then when i listen to such songs after a long time i just love listening to them all over again.

And it so happens,that every time i need some motivation to move on in life, i find it in some song or the other i happen to listen to.As if the song comes walking towards me to egg me on and inspire me to walk on.And this song is no exception
Its got beautiful lyrics.....do listen to it if you can....
So as the song says all i'd do now is WALK ON in life....coz thats what life's all about


cheers friends!


And love
It's not the easy thing
The only baggage
That you can bring
Not the easy thing
The only baggage you can bring
Is all that you can't leave behind

And if the darkness is to keep us apart
And if the daylight feels like it's a long way off
And if your glass heart should crack
Before the second you turn back
Oh no, be strong

Walk on
Walk on
What you got, they can't steal it
No they can't even feel it

Walk on
Walk on
Stay safe tonight

You're packing a suitcase for a place
None of us has been
A place that has to be believed
To be seen

You could have flown away
A singing bird
In an open cage
Who will only fly
Only fly for freedom

Walk on
Walk on
What you got
You can't deny it
Can't sell it or buy it

Walk on
Walk on
You stay safe tonight

And I know it aches
How your heart it breaks
You can only take so much

Walk on
Walk on

Home
Hard to know what it is
If you never had one

Home
I can't say where it is
But I know I'm going

Home
That's where the heart is

And I know it aches
And your heart it breaks
You can only take so much
Walk on

Leave it behind
You've got to leave it behind

All that you fashion
All that you make
All that you build
All that you break

All that you measure
All that you feel
All this you can leave behind

All that you reason
All that you care

It's only time
And I'll never fill up all my mind (??)

All that you sense
All that you scheme
All you dress up
And all that you see

All you create
All that you wreck
All that you hate




10 comments:

SambY said...

I love bono!!

Nirmal's Blog said...

hey many of my friends luv thie band...i never listened to it though..

gunj said...

bono sure is d bestest!!

Aditi ''Jiggs'' said...

heyaa

well i am not a u2 fan, but all il say is music rockss
my one n only companion :D

cheers

BIG Omi said...

I gotta a poster of U2 published in JLT... But neva got my ears on it...
Damn... time to visit plnet M... :)

Whassup wid ya these days?
Hows ya?
Tc.
Omi

pj said...

@samby

haan yaar...he is too gud!

@nirmal
if u havnt, do listen to them now...some of their songs are really gud.

@gunj
yeah tats the word...bestest!


@aditi
yeah whether its u2 or any other band...music is wat ultimately matters!

@big omi
yup u bttr do!....and u2, well u gotto listen to their songs...one of d best bands ever!
well i m back frm my 8 day vacation!and it felt so gud....will post abt it later...:)

cheers!!

BIG Omi said...

hmmm.. sure..
u had a vacation .. thats great... awaiting your post..
Tc.
omi

pj said...

@big omi...
thnx...wil write a post soon:)

Jesse "Freakin" Alex said...

I love U2...
just downloaded 2 of their DVDs.

1) Vertigo 2005 - Live in Milan
2) Elevation 2001 - Live in Boston..


I'll get it to you on sunday :)

PJ said...

@jesse
thanks!!!....:)