Sunday, August 3, 2008

F.r.i.e.n.d.s.

Last night when i was feeling a bit low, I got a call from my friend Kj.She phoned to discuss something about the fucking assignment we had to submit.We talked for a long time and abused the professors a bit(you know the same usual stuff).And then broke into a laughter at one of our silly jokes.We literally laughed our asses off....and at times for no reason at all!!.....we just wondered why did we actually laugh so much!!.....I felt so good and light hearted.Trust me for the time we were on the phone we laughed more than we talked!
Anyway,the reason i mentioned this incident is that I feel so lucky to have such friends, who are there for me at my beck and call.I just need to push a button on my cell phone and there, someone's on the line who i can share my problems with, who listens to me and assures me that everything will be fine.If not the phone, then i just walk out of my house and a few walks away i know there will be one door that will open for me and shelter me from my troubles.

Every morning i wake up and rush to go to college only and trust me,ONLY to meet my friends.Their company not only makes me happy but gives me the strength to face anything throughout the day.I've always been lucky with everything in my life.I some times wonder why God chose me to be one of those lucky ones on earth.People around me have always supported me and loved me.They accept me as i am.I have never had to give them reasons for being me.And i have always and ALWAYS have had good friends around me all my life.The ones who always stick up for me and tell me 'you are good'...even when i am not....who say 'don't worry its not your fault, every thing will be fine'.There's someone who makes sure that i get a copy of the notes if i am absent.Every time i get late for a lecture, some one hides behind the desk and calls me up..'dont enter! the lecture's started!'....someone always eggs me on and says 'go for it!...at least give it a try ya'...someone who saves me a seat in class...some one who gets late only to keep me company!...someone who cares enough to ask..'you okay? is something wrong?'....some one who shouts out and waves at me if they see me in a crowd..'hey pj!! hi!!'....someone who even says''you idiot, I'll kill you if you get late again! i'll shoot u at sight!!'.....someone who joins me in those vodka moments!;).....

I love them, love them all.Every day i wake up only to see my parents and meet these people i call my 'friends'.Just knowing that they are around me, makes me feel so good.

I thank God each day for these people in my life.And i am not just saying this coz its friendship's day today but because i mean every word i wrote here.Very few people are fortunate enough to have friends who care so much.I am glad i am one of them!If it were not for them, i dont know where i'd be today...
Specially love all my blogger friends who understand this 'other side' of me and care enough to stop by and drop in their comments once in a while...

Love you all guys!
cheers!

8 comments:

Sachi said...

:)
Awww! For friends..anything! May God keep you happy always,..n surrounded by such bful friends n me too ;)

btw...nice bkgrnd(template)

pj said...

@sachi...
yeah anythn fr friends!;)....thnx:D

gunj said...

gud frenz sure are a blessing :)

pj said...

@gunj
yup! they surely are!:D

The Paratrooper said...

hey pj... happy friendship day buddy ..:-)..

pj said...

@the paratrooper!
hey samby so glad to c u..:)
happy frndship day!

The Trooper said...

Hey! Nice blog here.. And thnaks for dropping by mine, hope to see you more often!
Friends are something we value only when we need em I think.. Otherwise they tend to go unnoticed (in the sense u never understand how imp they are for u).. Have u heard 'friends will be friends' by queen? Its awesome!

pj said...

@the trooper
thnx...:)
yea...i agree wid u....all this while i knew tat my frnds wer ther fr me....but now durin the tough times...i realise how gr8 a support they are, now i realise hw much they mean to me..