Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The man in the mirror...

I haven't listened to many of Mj's songs,mainly because I wasn't a music buff when I was growing up that I have become in the past five years. But I always liked 'heal the world', 'black or white' and 'they don't care about us'.

I watched the Michael Jackson memorial yesterday on CNN and the Mj special on many other channels and downloaded his songs.And ever since I downloaded them I haven't stop listening to them!!
It wouldn't be wrong to say Jackson earned more fame when he died than when he was alive.He started his career at 10 years of and shot to fame with his album Thriller.But then, as is the case with most celebrities, he was caught in lot of controversies specially the child sexual abuse in 1993(in which he was acquitted) .
In the last few years he had almost started to look like a skinny ghost!!

Nevertheless, his songs will always remain a hit with people for ages to come!Also his 'moonwalk' and his spinning and standing right on the toes will be remembered by all of his fans.
And he sure has earned one more fan!(me!!)

4 comments:

peter said...

Hey i dun agree that, MJ earned more poupularity when he died ..than when he was alive.

He is the biggest Pop-star till date ..and will reamain so ..but at the same time yeah people have forgetten all his off-late controversies. !

PJ said...

@peter
hmm...
there are many of my friends who didnt know of his songs until he died.
But agreed he surely achieved fame while he was alive.No doubt.

Carmel said...

Oh I think he did some outstanding work musically and like you said - his moves, moonwalk, all of that was widely copied.. He became an icon for many but the issues that he battled with personally were very typical of a person who has lived in the limelight and has had to learn the balancing act...
He's not around anymore but I think his music will take much longer to leave.. :)

PJ said...

@carmel
yeah...very long!