Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Why does it always rain on me?

The four months of monsoon are the ones I dread the most every year.I have this thing about rains since a long time now.I feel so so gloomy during the monsoons and the rains make me sick all the time.I know its quite normal when the gloominess in the atmosphere makes you feel a little low.But every day and everytime???!!
Every year as the month of June begins, I pray that September comes fast! The darkness all day round just makes me so cranky.

And the rains find such great pleasure in turning my day into a nightmare that it starts to pour the moment I step out of my house!!!Arggghhh I sooo hate rains.

But this post is not about rains..literally.

Its been raining on and off in my life lately.And even if it hasnt...the clouds have been around for quite some time now. Some things just dont feel right.I've become like a turtle that draws its head into its shell - not wanting to talk to anyone, trying hard to smile when I am not really happy,saying I am alright when I am not,dragging myself to places where I dont feel like going and doing things just for the heck of it.

Something doesnt feel right..

As if some dementor just sucked out all the happiness out of my life.As if someone just erased out the word 'fun'..'joy' out of my life's dictionary.


I can't sleep tonight
Everybody saying everything's alright
Still I can't close my eyes
I'm seeing a tunnel at the end of all these lights

Sunny days
Where have you gone?
I get the strangest feeling you belong
Why does it always rain on me?
Is it because I lied when I was seventeen?
Why does it always rain on me?
Even when the sun is shining
I can't avoid the lightning

-Travis

4 comments:

Ria said...

i hate the monsoons...especially the ones in Mumbai. I think monsoons are romantic only when u r at home sipping coffee and watching tv or reading a book. :)

pj said...

Exactly!...But I dont find them good even when I am at home..its gets so gloomy outside

neha said...

i hate to travel during rains. specially in trains!! yuck!!

PS : i love this song! :-D

pj said...

@neha
I know yar...super yuck!!
The song is a lil depressing actually...but it described my situation well...tats why posted it:)