Monday, October 12, 2009

If it were not for Him...who knows where I would be today..

These days I barely login to my orkut account.I mostly check my scraps when my friend(/sister) Sungeeta Jain writes to me. Yesterday, as I was posting a reply in her scrapbook, I saw a really depressed picture in the profile of one of her friends. Its so hard to see snaps and profiles like these.With so much pain and so much hurt...

I had been there too.For almost six years I couldn't find an escape route out of the depression.I still remember those days with display pictures of an emo, a girl hurting herself,the suicide notes,the frustrated status updates.

It hurts a lot to see people in so much of pain- your own relatives, your own friends sometimes...
And if that is not enough, every time you go out on streets, you see the agony and suffering in the eyes of the poor. No food to eat, having to beg for a living, no clothes to wear, living in tents that might be uprooted at the next moment, no shelter from the rain...the list is endless.

What's even worse, is to see people who work so hard and yet barely earn anything.
The other day,I went to a cobbler to get my torn slippers stitched and I stood there wondering how much he must be earning per day.Maybe 20 bucks? or maybe 50...

Just makes me want to thank God for all that I have.If it were not for Him...who knows where I would be today..

3 comments:

neha said...

seriously, even i feel that we are so so lucky!

btw, u were in depression for so long? :-(

PJ said...

@Neha
:)

yeah...it was almost like a mild depression that kept returning after a while.But at times it got so serious that I thot I would breakdown at any moment.But thankfully that didnt happen coz before that I got saved :)

aditi said...

well said girl
v true