Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Of unsung heroes...


 
Aren't you sometimes so caught up in life that you forget to look around you?Aren't there times when your misery seems so big that you fail to realize that there are people who are roofless in the rains and struggling to make ends meet?


On my way back I was cribbing about the food at home...it was my normal complain, "I am so bored of the way you cook mom!"....As my rickshaw stopped at the signal, I saw a dhaaba at the corner where a little girl who had just come from school was sitting in her uniform on the footpath.She watched her father frying pakodas at the stall and probably was asking him to take her home.She sat there, her eyes wandering and watching people pass by.As I looked at her...I wondered...is my life more boring than hers? Am I sitting on a footpath watching my father slog so hard as the tiny little raindrops wet my shoes..?

 We so often complain when someone stamps on our foot in the rains...don't we?Doesnt it feel yuck and makes you yell at the person who did that horibble act!? I took the ladies special train in the hope of finding a place to sit.And there, while talking to a friend over the phone, I saw a kid in tattered pants wiping the floor of the compartment to earn some money.And as he was doing his job a lady who got up from her seat to make her way to the exit accidentally stamped on the kid's hand as the train gave a jerk.How must have he felt?....But he didn't say a word in retaliation...(The lady apologized)

Sometimes I am amazed at the courage people have to live.I am amazed at the kind of people God put on this earth to set an example for people like me to follow.The kind of people who despite their misery stand out because they choose to make a living out of all that they have.And they do so without complaining.

They are the real heroes, coz supermen have powers to fly, to turn everything alright but what do these people have in their lives?Yet they show an indomitable courage that's worth admiring.

5 comments:

adrielleroyale said...

It's all about perspective isn't it...awesome. Great post!

TP said...

So True...These people are the real heroes because they are able to survive each day that they do..facing so many difficulties and without the superpowers!


btw..loved the playlist that you've put here..most of them are my favourite.

Piyush said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Piyush said...

Very true. There is nothing much we can do to change anything, just to be nice to such people and have inspiration....
Great write up though..

pooja said...

@everyone

thanks guys :)