Saturday, March 26, 2011

He is what they call the extra ordinary !

Have you watched Man vs Wild with Bear Grylls? If not, you should!! This man is crazy. He lives off food that no one can even think of eating. He eats fish's eyes because it has got fluids in it that are good for health, he sets up traps for animals, hunts them, cooks them and eats them. He drinks dirty water from among rocks and cacti!
He knows exactly the kind of stuff that is needed to keep a human alive in wild.

Be it swimming across rivers with icy chilled waters, building rafts out of logs, igniting fire out of wood with a knife, building a "tent" out of dried leaves,sleeping in gaps between large rocks or catching fish with hand made spear...he does it with such dexterity and does it so marvelously! One will start to think, what is this man made up of after all?!!

What I really dont understand is how the cameraman manages to shoot all of this while running with the camera in one hand and trying to shoot Bear Grylls' antiques. It must be so difficult to catch up with the man who's always on the move (he is so quick!) trying to get some extra ordinary feat done!


It looks really gross when you look at the things he eats! But He survives on that kind of stuff. Let alone surviving he crosses seas and climbs mountains by eating all that!



I wonder... does he not fear the fall from heights or the pain from all those wounds he might be getting on his expeditions??

One of his quotes goes like this  "If you risk nothing you gain nothing" 

In another quote he says ...
"The difference between ordinary and extra-ordinary is so often just simply that little word - extra. And for me, I had always grown up with the belief that if someone succeeds it is because they are brilliant or talented or just better than me… and the more of these words I heard the smaller I always felt! But the truth is often very different… and for me to learn that ordinary me can achieve something extra-ordinary by giving that little bit extra, when everyone else gives up, meant the world to me and I really clung to it…"
— Bear Grylls"


Not many people take such risks in life!

Hats off to Bear Grylls!

Check him out here...http://beargrylls.com/

5 comments:

Dee.Dee said...

Thank God someone gave him some credit. Bear Grylls is my role model.

adrielleroyale said...

Awesome observation about the "extra" :) It really is so true! Blessings!

The Lover said...

I love the show. And it feels good to be back here. Miss you PJ.

pooja said...

@Dee Dee...He's just too good!

@adrielleroyale ...:) thanks!

@The Lover....:)

Sach! said...

And I was thinking of him this morning only :)