Monday, April 29, 2013

For the ones who care...

I have been writing here for long now. There was a time I had more blog friends than real life ones. It was so much fun to write and interact with fellow bloggers. As time passed by the interactions reduced, comments became rare, blog hit counters showed no change and ultimately blogging became boring. I would think 'who cares what I really write about'.

Today I bumped into a long lost school friend who told me 'I like your poems. I read your blog'.  And here I was assuming that since there are no comments nobody reads my posts. Probably people just read and leave it there. Sometimes, they are just like me- too lazy to drop a line or maybe have no thoughts to share.

My friend who told me this today is an inspiration for today's post. Not because she complimented me on my writing but because of another reason that I have been thinking about for the past few weeks.

It was my birthday on April 7th. Few of my friends who call up every year since they have known me did call or sent me a message. My Bangalore folks called me at 12.00 am and one of them played the birthday song on the guitar which was the best part!

But what really surprised me was that this friend of mine out of nowhere sent me a message coz she had my phone number and wished me on my birthday. And there was yet another friend who I had lost touch with was kind enough to remember and wish me. It was really touching to know that people care. You forget them. Yet there are some who remember you even after years of not meeting each other. A laundry list of contacts on your phone, yet it does not have ones which deserve to be there!

Did you ever think about this?
Often you care for people, admire them, wish to be like them. And then you wonder if they really care about you that much or even remember you. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. But the point is that someone, somewhere on this planet, far or near, thinks of you the same way and you may not even know!

Note to self: Don't crib about those who don't care. Be thankful for the ones who do!



2 comments:

Abhishek said...

I am probably reading your blog after about 5-6 years. I used to be a regular then and yes, your poems are wonderful. I got bored of blogging and quit before I started again.

I thnk Ill be more regular at visiting this space now :)

PJ said...

always welcome :)