Sunday, October 19, 2014

Just saying

I am popular !

Regards,
Chutzpah
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sure I had read  this now popular word 'Chutzpah' earlier when I heard it in the movie Haider. Then I thought to myself 'Really? Have I read it? Is that even a word or is this newly invented? The first part of the word sounds so much like a desi bad word, it must be a new slang. Wait, really?'

I looked up the dictionary and there it was!



It's so funny that no one even knows some words exist. Then one day it appears in a Hindi movie and it becomes so famous as the movie itself! I am sure the word's going to be around for a while now.

Just wondering how it would sound if it were used as the name of a book - 'The chutzpah of hope'.


No comments: